Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Who is your spiritual hero?

My pastor talked at length about Paul last week in church. We're working week by week through the book of Acts, so we've been talking about Paul a lot lately. While Acts was authored by Luke (who I also love to read), it talks at length about Paul's travels and sermons. I enjoy him thoroughly and am inspired by his devotion. Besides, how can you not like a guy who says "y'all" (ye all) throughout his epistles?! I mean Paul is clearly a Southerner! But beyond his unique choice of wording, he never stopped preaching the Word, even when it proved most dangerous. I look up to Paul and admire his strength and commitment. I don't know that I would be able to stand up for Christ throughout everything, as Paul did. Would I still preach the Word if my life was threatened? I don't know, honestly. I'd like to think I would, but I'm not sure my faith is as unwavering as Paul's.

So, let's chat. Who moves you in the Bible? Do you have a favorite disciple? What's your favorite passage? What's your favorite "story" of the Bible?

I'm fond of many passages, but right now I'm really loving this one.

"But none of these things move me, neither count I my life dear unto myself, so that I might finish my course with joy, and the ministry, which I have received of the Lord Jesus, to testify the gospel of the grace of God."
Acts 20:24

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments! Please keep in mind, I demand you be polite to both me and my readers. No insults, swearing or not-nice-ness! :)

Also, I no longer allow anonymous comments.