Thursday, April 14, 2011

Simplicity is the nature of great souls

Shooooey, what a difference a good night's sleep makes! I have spent several nights waking up at 1:00 a.m. worrying, throwing up, fretting, groaning in discomfort and generally being a big (emphases on big) pregnant baby. Nathan has been feverish at night and snarggly during the day and it all came to a head the night before last when he wound up in our bed at 4:00 a.m., a mere half hour after I'd finally fallen back asleep. Yesterday I kept him home and we took a long nap. When we finally woke up at sunset 1:00 in the afternoon, his fever was gone and he felt "a million, fillion" (his words) times better. I was at least resembling a human being, even if I didn't entirely feel like it. By last night, I was downright, flat out desperate for a good night's sleep. As such, I intended to pull out all the insomnia stops: hot tea, warm bath, yoga, massage, prayer and, as always, snuggles. That was the plan anyhow. All I wound up having the energy for was the yoga. But it's okay because last night, I fell asleep around 10:30 and got up only ONE time to pee! I slept clear through until almost (cue dramatic music) 7:00 a.m.! Tonight and tomorrow call for rain and thunder storms. I suspect I'll sleep even better.

In other, pregnancy related news, I think I'm nesting (already?!). I'm suddenly overcome with a strong desire to purge my house of everything I don't immediately need. I'll be heading upstairs to the disaster area baby's future room and getting rid of music, books, cds, decorative doo-dads and clothes I no longer need. Ebay, here I come! I'm right at the start of my 3rd trimester now and can't believe how fast this pregnancy has flown by. Sure I've been sick all the flippin' time a lot and it hasn't been easy, but good Lord I am a lucky girl to be havin this baby. And I love being pregnant.

More good has been accomplished by simple people seeking their own honest ends than by all the philanthropists in history. -Robert Brault

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments! Please keep in mind, I demand you be polite to both me and my readers. No insults, swearing or not-nice-ness! :)

Also, I no longer allow anonymous comments.