Sunday, September 18, 2011

'Til the cows come home

Many moons ago, before my Jersey Mama married my Mountain Mark, they went on a date to the State Fair where a little lady named Reba McEntire (this was back in her "Whoever's in New England" days) was performing. Because my Mama was a single mom, I got to tag along. As I sang along to every single Reba song she sang, Mark commented to my mom how cute it was that I knew all the words and how impressed he was. Knowing all those songs comes in handy nowadays as I mostly sing Reba songs to Joshua Mark who is also clearly impressed as he smiles and giggles, particularly on the sad ones like "You Lie", "It's Your Call" and "I Know How He Feels". It seems fitting that Mountain Mark's namesake also appreciates a pretty redhead from Oklahoma named Reba (and the pretty redhead from Nebraska who's doing a poor job imitating her...that's me!). So, tonight, in honor of both Mark and Joshua Mark, I give you one of my all time favorite Reba songs!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments! Please keep in mind, I demand you be polite to both me and my readers. No insults, swearing or not-nice-ness! :)

Also, I no longer allow anonymous comments.