Saturday, November 19, 2011

Sailin' away to Key Largo

I've blogged about my Nany before. She was pivotal in shaping who I am. All the time I spent with her, I always remember she loved to sing and dance around the house while we cooked or did chores or just hung out. That's one legacy I'm sure I'll pass onto my children, as well. One of her all time favorites was "Key Largo" by Bertie Higgins. One time, when I was maybe 2 years old (or probably closer to 3 because I remember it very vividly) my Nany had a blow-up raft in her living room, for some reason. No one can quite recall the reason why the raft was there, except that Nany and my parents drank a lot. But, we all climbed up into that boat and sang that song over and over. Now, I sing it to Smooshers. I hold him close, cheek-to-cheek, and as soon as it starts to play, he smiles. By the time I belt out "here's lookin at you, kid", he's laughing uproariously. So, here's the video (of Bertie singing it, not me), I hope it brings you as much joy as it brings me and The Smoosh.

1 comment:

  1. Love the song! What a wonderful memory, no matter how funny the reason behind it was... Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments! Please keep in mind, I demand you be polite to both me and my readers. No insults, swearing or not-nice-ness! :)

Also, I no longer allow anonymous comments.