Friday, September 20, 2013

I've got my toes in the water...Sure, it's the water from the toilet overflowing, but.....

Someone told me the other day that being a stay-at-home mom was like being on vacation. Once I stopped roaring with laughter, I realized she was serious. So today I present to you, ways my life is like being on vacation.

1. If I close my eyes hard enough, I can almost imagine my toes are wiggling in the white sand of a beautiful beach. No, no, wait, those are crumbs from cereal that spilled on the floor.
2. Can't you smell that salty sea air? Oh no wait, that's the boy stench of laundry that has piled up because my dryer's broken and I can't get all the clothes clean.
3. Do you hear the gentle lapping of the tide coming in and out? Errrr no...That's Joshua yelling things like "MAMA, YOGURT, PLEASE" and Stomp yelling about his homework and the dishwasher which sounds strangely like a jet enginge taking off.
4. I can feel the sun on my skin and the delightful, stickiness of Coppertone SPF 50 sunblock. No, no, actually that's yogurt that Joshua wiped off on my arms.
5. Then I went and had a nice long massage and enjoyed a spa treatment and some yoga, and I took a painting class on the beach. Er no, Joshua used me as a jungle gym, climbed all over me and then HE did some finger painting...with the contents of his diaper.

So there you go, gals, 5 ways my life is like a vacation, if only I'd look at the positive side. How is your life like a vacation?

1 comment:

I appreciate your comments! Please keep in mind, I demand you be polite to both me and my readers. No insults, swearing or not-nice-ness! :)

Also, I no longer allow anonymous comments.