Tuesday, September 15, 2009

I believe the best social program is a job

Yes, it's true friends. I was a bleeding heart liberal right up until 9/11/2001. Suddenly my world seemed very different and I started reading more, opening my mind more and researching everything I could get my hands on. I then became the right-wing-nut-job-extraordinaire (tm) you all know and love today. But that's not what I'm here to talk about. I want to stress a few things.

1. I campaigned for and supported George W. Bush. In most areas, him and I saw eye-to-eye. The exceptions being ginormous government spending and illegal immigration. I consider him to be a great President and an even greater man.
2. I feel the need, these days, to clarify what kind of Republican I am. You see, I'm not a John McCain or Chuck Hagel Republican. I am a Ronald Reagan Republican. I don't see a lot of Republicans doing what is necessary for this country right now and it disappoints me greatly. Nonetheless, I keep reminding myself that it took Jimmy Carter to bring us Ronald Reagan. Maybe President Obama will bring out the Reagan in some dear Republican.
3. I am unapologetic about my love for Glenn Beck. Yes, the man is a total kook and sometimes he says things so outrageous I can't believe he's said them. But more often than not, especially these days, I'm afraid he's right. To that end, I give you this link to The 912 Project.

I am frustrated beyond all words with politics, political discussions, Congress and the President. I keep trying to remain respectful and polite but the Healthcare discussion has got me so frustrated I don't even really know how to express my outrage. Except to say this: I have no desire to invite the government any further into my life. I think the government makes a mess out of everything they get their hands on, I do not wish to trust them with my health. I fret over a nation who cannot remember the words of Thomas Jefferson, one of this nation's best patriots, politicians and founding fathers:

"Government big enough to supply everything you need is big enough to take everything you have ... The course of history shows that as a government grows, liberty decreases."


That is all. Thanks for lettin me get some stuff off my chest.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments! Please keep in mind, I demand you be polite to both me and my readers. No insults, swearing or not-nice-ness! :)

Also, I no longer allow anonymous comments.