Sunday, September 20, 2009

There is always room for improvement

The Wii Fit might just be the greatest invention in the history of the world. I'm just sayin y'all. In honor of Wife Appreciation Day *and* how hard I've been slaving on the Super Secret Sewing Project (which isn't a secret anymore, hope the quilt keeps you warm, Mom!), hubby brought me home the Wii Fit. Right off the stinkin bat in the balance test, the doggone thing insults me...er knows me...er something. "Balance clearly isn't your forte, do you find yourself tripping a lot?" Well yes actually Mr. Fit, I do. Thanks for noticing. Aaaaanyway, I spent the first 2 days doing 20 minutes of cardio (that felt like 5 minutes of cardio because it was so fun), yoga, and balance exercises. I have to admit, this is the perfect thing for me. You see, I'm very competitive, I just hate people, and I'm clumsy and too embarrassed to be all awkward in front of other people. That means competing against myself is PERFECT! I'm starting to feel a bit sore from the step aerobics I've been doing, but I still really enjoy it. I keep telling myself that as uncoordinated as I am, I can surely do better. So it quickly becomes "one more try, I know I can do it better". Before you know it I've been on the darned thing for so long! So that's really been fun.

Also, I started the Bible in 90 Days program. Esword is the most awesome computer bible study tool I've ever seen. Not only can you highlight text, keep your notes right there and set it up to do devotionals and bible study passages right on start up, you can adjust the font so your old lady eyes can read it! HOORAY I SAY!

"Most true happiness comes from one's inner life, from the disposition of the mind and soul. Admittedly, a good inner life is difficult to achieve, especially in these trying times. It takes reflection and contemplation and self-discipline."
William L Shirer

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments! Please keep in mind, I demand you be polite to both me and my readers. No insults, swearing or not-nice-ness! :)

Also, I no longer allow anonymous comments.