Thursday, October 22, 2009

I forgot to mention..

...In my last post, the one where I confessed to visions and being a total nutter, I forgot to mention what brought about this change in attitude. My Pastor was talking at length about trials. He said, and I quote, "It is a powerful testimony to go through trials and stay positive". The more I thought about it (and I continue to turn this over and over in my noggin)the more I realized that this is an incredible opportunity for me. You see, I struggle a lot with knowing what my spiritual gifts are, what I can really give to the world as a Christian. Hearing the Pastor say that suddenly made many things click into place. For one, I now understand why *I* think it's so important to be kind and cheerful and optimistic. I haven't always been this way but since I have been, I notice a major difference in my life. I suppose I may not have the best mind for knowing languages and fully comprehending the Scriptures and I may not have the soul of a teacher, but I have my smile. And my smile is my testimony.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments! Please keep in mind, I demand you be polite to both me and my readers. No insults, swearing or not-nice-ness! :)

Also, I no longer allow anonymous comments.