Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Show a little faith there's magic in the night, you ain't a beauty but hey you're all right

My mom is a a tried and true Jersey girl. She grew up in Teaneck, NJ and still slips into her thick Jersey accent when she talks to her bff from out that way. I've been back to Jersey once with her and I understand why she loves it. She's very funny about it now that Jersey Shore has come out. She compared some super ghetto girls from her work to "Jersey Shore" girls the other day and said it with such an air of disdain that it made me laugh uproariously thinking about it. All that being said, my Jersey Mama (JM for short) doesn't get my love for Bruce Springsteen. She points out that she was living in NM and was busy raising me when he was popular, but I still don't get how a JM could *not* be obssessed with The Boss. I mean I'm just the daughter of a JM and I loooove him. So in honor of Jersey Mama's everywhere, I give you my alltime favorite Boss hit, Thunder Road, as performed on Story-tellers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments! Please keep in mind, I demand you be polite to both me and my readers. No insults, swearing or not-nice-ness! :)

Also, I no longer allow anonymous comments.