Thursday, June 17, 2010

Sweet sunshine everywhere I look

I couldn't sleep last night. I don't mind I kinda couldn't sleep, like it took me a half hour or I tossed and turned. I mean I really couldn't sleep. We went to bed at 10. By 11:30, I'd gotten up to clean the kitchen and read. Back to bed at 12:30 a.m. Sometime after 1:00 I dozed off, watching Dog The Bounty Hunter where Baby Lyssa has her baby, and woke up sobbing hysterically. I curled around my hubby who, somehow, always knows when I need him in the middle of the night. Normally you can't kick this man awake. When I've had a bad dream or need a little loving, his Wifey-Sense (like Spidey-Sense but sexier) kicks in and he wakes up, rolls over looks at me, mumbles "are you okay" and wraps me up in those oh so dreamy muscular arms of his. Unfortunately, last night it just didn't work and I didn't drift off until well after 5 a.m.

I'm tired...really, really tired. And I've come to the conclusion that I hate working. Oh I don't mind the job itself. I like the people and all that. What I can't get used to is being out of the house all day. I'm a housewife. I don't mean that I think that's what I should do while the kids are young. I mean I'm pretty sure that's my calling in life. I hate being away from my home until all hours of the night. I hate working so many hours. I hate not having supper with my family. I hate being too tired from my wacky-ass-shift to do housework. I hate being too tired to go to the lake or spend the day behind my sewing machine. In short, I hate working. Oh I keep reminding myself it's temporary. By next summer, I should have a handle on the medical debt, have the few things done I want to around the house and hopefully have our 1/2 of the boat bought. By next summer I should be done. Assuming the soul crushing, life sucking end of it doesn't kill me first. But, here in a month or so I'm definitely cutting back my hours. They have me working 30 (I assume it's because I'm good at what I do, not that they're desperate).

So anyway, I hate working...And I'm tired...And I'm cranky...I mean really severely insanely cranky. So I got cranky at being cranky, grabbed the kid and some sandwiches and sunblock and we went down to the lake. Good lord a livin' I love being so close to the lake (about 25 minutes drive door to door er beach). We cranked up Sugarland covers ("Better man" and "Irreplacable") and Miranda Lambert and spent 3 hours splashing in the lake, laying on the soft sand and just generally being merry. Oh sure, I'm tired as heck now, but it was totally worth it because I'm sun kissed, sort of almost tan (as tan as I get) and downright giddy. Also, I discovered that my swimsuit from like 3 years ago actually *fits* officially putting me out of the plus sizes. So, all in all, it was a good day off. I hope to have another like it sometime in the near future *cringe*.

Also, my parents get into town on Saturday, so expect lots of pictures and funny stories. And I'll have pictures up from the lake at some point, I just don't know when yet!

"Darlin if you think back
To the heartbroken past
Before we found each other
It's so amazing, it's almost crazy
What a difference lookin through the eyes of love

Life is good, the grass is green
The good Lord smilin on you and me
Gonna knock on wood
Sweet sunshine everywhere I look
You love me like no one could
Life is good"

--"Life is Good" - Kenny Chesney

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments! Please keep in mind, I demand you be polite to both me and my readers. No insults, swearing or not-nice-ness! :)

Also, I no longer allow anonymous comments.