Saturday, September 25, 2010

There's one in every crowd, and it's usually me...

I'm turning 30 29 again in a few short weeks. We're planning to go stay at the awesome hotel in Omaha that Dad and I always stay at for our concerts. They have luxurious rooms and an indoor water park. Nathan is out of school for "fall break" around then and hubby took a few days off. Originally I'd thought maybe we'd do a romantic getaway or camping trip, but I really can't imagine celebrating without Nathan even if he does say things like "You're goin to be 30? That's a lot of years old Mama". And he'll love the water slides and I'll love the hot tub, a bed I don't have to make and food I don't have to cook or clean up after.

But then, since I'm off, we're having a mega party here at the house. I was thinkin about gettin together a bunch of pretty candles and torches and stuff and lighting up the backyard all pretty...but then I remembered I'm just a simple redneck girl and that sounded like way too much work (read: way too much money to spend NOT on beer). Besides, the boys always wind up peein outside when we party hard in the backyard and I'm concerned about flame around a bunch of drunk hick penises (peni?). So instead, I think we're goin to set up the stereo to blast Brooks & Dunn (sorry hubby, Cody and any other non-country fans), pull the tailgate down for extra seating and chill a bunch of beers. We might play some poker or have a bonfire. But we will *not* be having a fancy party with candles and torches. I'd kind of like to head out to the lake to party but again that sounds like a lot more work than I'm willing to put in, even for a big milestone b-day such as the big 3-0. The only other thing I really wish for is that Cari, my mama, my Mark and my Nany were going to be able to be here. My Mama and I share the same birthday on 10/15 (I was her 26th birthday present) and it's always weird to celebrate without her.

Anywho, I'm sure a good time will be had by all...although I may have run off a few guests by discussing redneck penises...

"I come from a long line of losers
Half outlaw half boozers
I was born with a shot glass in my hand
I'm part hippie a little red neck
I'm always a suspect
My blood line made me who I am"

-"Long line of losers" --Montgomery Gentry

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments! Please keep in mind, I demand you be polite to both me and my readers. No insults, swearing or not-nice-ness! :)

Also, I no longer allow anonymous comments.