Monday, September 6, 2010

You'll always be the miracle that makes my life complete

Hi darlings. Sorry to have been so absent but things have been downright wild here on Ho-Hum Drive. I've been working a lot for one, and enjoying every single stinkin second of being home in the evenings for another. Viking Mike and I have been watching a lot of movies, playing Trivial Pursuit on the Xbox and I've been reading, reading, reading like a crazy lady. Special thanks to Chrissi for getting me hooked on Dennis Lehane's books. Also, I've almost finished Nathan's quilt, which you can see pics of below. I still need to attach the backing and then tie it off. I've never done a tie-quilt before but this one is simply too thick to fit through my machine. Just a few quick things I want to mention before I head off to finish "Prayers for Rain".

1. The fall weather is upon us and this means windows thrown open and fresh air cooling us down all night. It means hot tea and snuggles under the covers. It means warm and fuzzy socks. I love warm and fuzzy socks.

2. We went to see "Despicable Me" tonight in 3-D. That's right, our little small town has a 3-D theater. It was hysterical and funny and I got sick watching the roller coaster scene. I'm ever so lame.

3. Been spending a lot of time with Nikki and with the DD* family. I love those guys and it's nice to have companionship. We had a blast over at Nikki's on Friday night. I got to snuggle the baby and the boys had so much fun playing. Nikki and I continue to find thigns that we have in common. It's almost scary.

4. Speaking of friendship, Karyn was in the store today. She came through my line. I was surprised at that, I suppose and tried to be professional. It was weird to discover that I felt a small pang in my heart as if I missed her. I conclude I must be getting over the anger and starting to feel a touch of the hurt. It's sad to realize after all we shared we can never be friends, but that's how it is and there's nothing I can do about it. In truth, we're not the right kind of friends for each other period.

5. I've started a prayer/faith/bible study journal...an actual *cue dramatic gasping* hand-written journal. I have a lot of musings and thoughts and questions and just stuff that I think about with regards to my faith and to God. I don't really have anyone to talk to about it and I'm just not comfortable putting it out here for all to see and read. Besides, there's something so soothing and special to me about the sight of my words spilling across a page. Again, I'm lame.

6. Working one more day and then I actually have a couple of days off, so that'll be nice. I plan to clean, finish quilting and read, read, read. I hope you guys have had a wonderful and safe Labor Day.

**DD family refers to our beloved Non-Psychotic Neighbors who live behind us, Reece's family. DD refers to Demolition Derby. I think it's a suitable nickname. If you have other suggestions, please share them!

Nathan's quilt:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

"Delicious autumn! My very soul is wedded to it, and if I were a bird I would fly about the earth seeking the successive autumns."
-George Eliot

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous quilt! Glad you're liking Lehane :) Next on your list to start reading? Janet Evanovich's Stephanie Plum series. They are EXCELLENT!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, I've read all the Plum books. I'm obsessed with Ranger. In my head he looks like a Cuban Jack Bauer *drool*

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments! Please keep in mind, I demand you be polite to both me and my readers. No insults, swearing or not-nice-ness! :)

Also, I no longer allow anonymous comments.