Thursday, August 26, 2010

Thank God I'm a country girl

I've talked before about the awesome walking trail by our house. Now that the weather is cooling down considerably, I'm back to hour long, joyful walks around the countryside along our beautiful trail. Today while I was out I saw a total of four cars, 2 tractors and a riding mower. All of the people behind the wheels of the vehicles waved to me. Then as I was walking home somewhere between the creek and the cornfield (wouldn't that be an awesome country song?) a deer ran 20 feet in front of me. Also, today, I took pictures. Unfortunately the camera "broke" itself about halfway through, so I only have the first half of the walk documented...and sadly, no pics of that gorgeous doe. But, here's what I see when I go out a-walkin:

Down the road that our house is on:

Photobucket

Around the corner on the dirt road:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Along the creek:

Photobucket

The creek: (when it's not flooded)

Photobucket

The trail, between the creek and the cornfield:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Crossing the dirt road to get to the rest of the trail, which lazes through fields of sumac, wild flowers and grass and runs behind the college. You also cross the creek on this neat ole bridge and can get down right alongside the creek on a "forest trail" as well:

Photobucket

"I'm gonna live where the green grass grows
Watchin' my corn pop up in rows
Every night be tucked in close to you
Raise our kids where the good Lord's blessed
Point our rocking chairs towards the west
Plant our dreams where the peaceful river flows
Where the green grass grows..."

- "Where the green grass grows" --Tim McGraw

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments! Please keep in mind, I demand you be polite to both me and my readers. No insults, swearing or not-nice-ness! :)

Also, I no longer allow anonymous comments.