Friday, October 15, 2010

I'm a little bit harder and a whole lot smarter

Well today is my 30th birthday. I don't really feel any different. In fact I feel very much 29. I plan to stay feeling 29 for the next 20-30 years or so! We had company last night for steaks and potatoes. It was nice, as always, to have Jessie and Joe over, and Nikki too. I got some special cds from my Jersey Mama (Justin Moore and Blake Shelton *moan*) and lots of awesome birthday wishes from my dear friends (Thanks guys!). I went and got my hair trimmed and my girl threw in a shampoo and style for free. I called my Jersey Mama to wish her happy birthday too (I was her 26th bday present 30 long years ago!) and tonight I plan to eat KFC, watch Sleepy Hollow and snuggle up with my guys. There'll be another post after I get my bday-presents from Viking Mike. I don't want to sound like a selfish, materialistic girl but I love when he shops for me. He's so good at finding things I don't even know I need or want. I think it comes from knowin his adorable wifey so well.

On one last note, my daddy brought me over the Redneck Birthday card. And inside he wrote me a little note using all the redneck words. I'll post it here in closing :)

"For your birthday, I hope you get to have one of your favorite meals: spaghetti with roasted garlic and olive awl.
We will probably spend some time sittin around the far pit.
I do hope this is your bass birthday ever.
One of my favorite memories of you as a new mom was when you rocked Nathan in the rocking cheer.
Ten years ago when you turned 20 I'm sure we all thought we would spend the rest of our lives in Albuquerque. I'm sure glad the Lord threw a monkey ranch in that plan.
Remember, you may be 30 but you're not did
I know that y our turning 30 is a big deal but remember "cowgirls don't cry" -- I bard that from Brooks & Dunn.
I'm very happy that your political tendencies tend to lean to the rat"

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments! Please keep in mind, I demand you be polite to both me and my readers. No insults, swearing or not-nice-ness! :)

Also, I no longer allow anonymous comments.