Thursday, October 28, 2010

“Romance is the glamour which turns the dust of everyday life into a golden haze.”

There was a real piece of work jerk-face on Dr Phil today, talking about infidelity. The most irritating part was when the guy described why he picked up a mistress in the first place. Basically what he said was this: "Well I had to get a mistress because my wife was so busy caring for the family and the home and I didn't feel passion for her now that she was a housewife and can't dote on my every need."

I know for a fact that one of the things that Viking Mike finds so sexy and attractive and passion-inducing about me is how I care for our home and our family. And do you know what makes Viking Mike so intensely and insanely hawt to me? The way he provides for this family. Now don't get me wrong, I ain't sayin it's all roses and champagne and romantic black tie affairs. It's more like wildflowers, budweiser and hamburgers by the lake. But I still feel like we lead the most romantic life possible. It doesn't take a grand gesture to show appreciation and affection for your wife. It's in the way he holds my hand when we're walking, the way he absent-mindedly rubs my feet when we're watching a movie, the way he texts me silly jokes and "wubs", the way he picks out sweet song lyrics that make him think of me (see below!), and the way he "hugs" my hand with his bicep (I put my hand in the crook of his elbow and he flexes and my hand gets a "hug"). More women would be satisfied with their marriages if they would learn to look for the romance in the little details.

P.S. I wanted to use just one quote at the end here but between all the sweet songs Michael has "dedicated" to me and all the awesome quotes about romance out there I just couldn't stop at one!

"“You don't love someone for their looks, or their clothes, or for their fancy car, but because they sing a song only you can hear.”


“A true man does not need to romance a different girl every night, a true man romances the same girl for the rest of her life”


"Remind me that we'll always have each other
When everything else is gone." -- "Dig" - Incubus


Finally, the song Michael picked me for me to walk down the aisle to at our wedding. When we got to see Vast a few years back, Jon sang this song and Mike and I just held on to each other as tight as possible.

close your eyes
let me touch you now
let me give you something that is real
close the door
leave your fears behind
let me give you what you're giving me
you are the only thing
that makes me want to live at all
when I am with you
there's no reason to pretend
that when I am with you I feel flames again
just put me inside you
I would never ever leave
just put me inside you
I would never ever leave you

-- "Flames - Vast

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful post Eri and so very true. It IS the little things that make a relationship work, not the big stuff.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments! Please keep in mind, I demand you be polite to both me and my readers. No insults, swearing or not-nice-ness! :)

Also, I no longer allow anonymous comments.