Wednesday, October 27, 2010

There's nothing half so pleasant as coming home again

Tonight, a list...Because I'm feelin lazy and floopy and I can't concentrate enough to make sense!

1. Emmylou and Shelby are gettin along fine, just fine. Emmy sleeps in the crate at night, where she'll sleep until she's old enough to have stopped chewing. She hasn't had one single accident in the house and we're amazed at how much more mellow she is than Shelby was at this age. Shelby doesn't seem jealous but I imagine that's because she still gets to sleep on the People Bed.

2. Michael is at band practice tonight. His band is playing on Saturday. Unfortunately when I asked my boss for a specific schedule this weekend (wanted to do days on both days) she didn't give me either one. So I have to miss the show down in Beatrice and I had to cancel and give up on the idea of Halloween party. Nathan isn't bummed because there are so many activities goin on around town. Small town livin is the best. In part because I won't have to x-ray Nathan's candy to make sure no one put a razor blade in it.

Funny story: The first year we lived here we all dressed in theme. Michael was a pirate, I was his serving wench and Nathan was his parrot (I made the costume myself *flexflexflex*). So we get a block over and the lady tells us "ohhh y'all are from the neighborhood, here I make special cupcakes for the neighborhood kids". My mom was beside herself with worry that this kind ole lady had poisoned the cupcake. Nathan ate it and of course nothin happened. Just another snapshot of how different life really is out here at Ho Hum Drive.

3. So anyway, since Michael's down in Beatrice practicin with the boys, Nathan and the dogs and I are watching Inspector Gadget and we had RO's for supper. It's been awesome having some time off and gettin to spend it resting and quilting. Nathan's quilt needs just a few final touches and it'll be completed. Then I have curtains to make for the sewing room, black out curtains for our bedroom, new curtains to go with whatever color we paint Nathan's room and new stockings. Then I can begin on my next quilt.

4. I'm starting to be concerned about my fuzzy socks problem. I can't stop buying them. It's not my fault. They shouldn't be so comfy and feel so good on my feet when I'm drinking hot tea and sewing. I blame fuzzy socks manufacturers the whole world over. I need help.

5. Hi, my name's Eri Sue and I'm addicted to fuzzy socks....HI ERI SUE!

6. Ahem, anyway. I'm startin to be grateful for the colder weather and shorter days. When Michael comes home at night it's dark now. I can't quite explain why but it provides me peace and contentment and just comfort to know that our little house is all lit up awaiting his arrival...It's almost as if our home, lit up and warm, is a symbol of how our lives are lived. It may be cold and dark outside, but this home is always waiting for you to warm you and lighten your life.

7. Speaking of Viking Mike, exciting news for him that I can't quite share with y'all yet, but I will soon I promise!

8. Prayers would be appreciated for my sweet brother-in-law Tristan and my niece Madison and nephew Tyler. Don't want to get into all the details but I'm worried about them and would sure appreciate some prayers and good thoughts headed their way.

9. Hrm, seems like I might make it to 10 things which reminds me, I like to spend the holidays doing 10 things I like about _______ (fill in the blank). And I definitely want your input as well so be thinking of 10 things you're thankful or happy for.

10. Pink fuzzy socks...black and white fuzzy socks...blue and dark blue fuzzy socks. They just go great with my long sleeved nightgowns for the winter...Hrm...I may need more long sleeved nightgowns. I'm not really supposed to be able to ever buy pjs again on account of my 792 nightgowns so if Viking Mike asks, you heard NOTHING!

“May God grant you always...A sunbeam to warm you, a moonbeam to charm you, a sheltering Angel so nothing can harm you. Laughter to cheer you. Faithful friends near you. And whenever you pray, Heaven to hear you.”

--Irish blessing

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments! Please keep in mind, I demand you be polite to both me and my readers. No insults, swearing or not-nice-ness! :)

Also, I no longer allow anonymous comments.