Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Anymore there ain't nothin, I swear man, that I don't do

Big changes are a-foot here on Ho Hum Drive.

First of all, The Viking has left the Scooter Mart and is once again working for the company he worked for in New Mexico. They, fairly recently, opened a Lincoln location and have expanded to need help. Mike's the "help". He's excited about gettin to go back to seating and rehab and to be able to use that valuable and hard-earned ATP certification.

Secondly, as most of you know, I'm taking some online classes to get certifiable certified to do medical transcription from home. I've completed the first book (of four) with a 94 average and anticipate being finished within 2 months or so. That being said, I've given notice at Wal-Mart that 12/21 will be my last day. I long to be at home again. Y'all know that I believe a mom/wife belongs in the home anyhow and this was a temporary, part time gig to get some money saved up. Well, The Viking and I are officially in agreement that it's not worth the sheer misery it causes me. In fact, Viking Mike doesn't even want me to hold out till Christmas(ish). He wants me to quit now. But I think this is the best way to go and it'll put me that much closer to working at home so that we should only be without my income for a short time. It says somethin about The Viking that he's so concerned about what makes me happy and fullfilled and complete and he knows that's being at home. He's a keeper y'know.

"My mom is a never-ending song in my heart of comfort, happiness, and being. I may sometimes forget the words but I always remember the tune."


P.S. If you've not read "In Praise of Stay At Home Moms" by the lovely, and generally right, Dr Laura, I highly recommend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments! Please keep in mind, I demand you be polite to both me and my readers. No insults, swearing or not-nice-ness! :)

Also, I no longer allow anonymous comments.