Wednesday, November 17, 2010

All the love and laughter that a lifetime will allow

Hands down the best part of my day is that quiet 1/2 hour when The Viking and I go to bed and lie down and snuggle and watch Late Night Talk Shows. We watch most of the biggies, Jay, Conan and Craig (don't get me started on how much I intensely dislike Jimmy Fallon and Dave). We always laugh so hard and tease each other and giggle and make fun and smooch. No matter how bad my day was, and today was rough I know that every night I'm goin to fall asleep beside the same man and enjoy the same nighttime ritual. It provides consistency and peace to what can be an otherwise crazy world. That's the most beautiful part of marriage to me. And I'm sorry, but I just don't get couples who don't go to bed together or who spend a lot of time apart. I know what works for one couple might not work for another, but I just can't imagine my life without this incredibly intimate, incredibly silly ritual.

Two young people without a thing
Say some vows and spread their wings
Settle down with just what they need
Livin on love
She dont care 'bout whats in style
She just likes the wayhe smiles
It takes more than marble and tile
Livin on love
Livin on love, buyin on time
Without somebody nothing aint worth a dime

-"Livin on love" --Alan Jackson

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments! Please keep in mind, I demand you be polite to both me and my readers. No insults, swearing or not-nice-ness! :)

Also, I no longer allow anonymous comments.