Friday, December 31, 2010

It may be a simple life, but that's okay

Looking back on 2010, it seems like it was sort of a rough year. There were financial and career ups and downs and a lot of loved ones suffered terribly and passed on.

There were lots of high points too, though.
1. A month ago I found out that after all those years of fertility treatments, and being told it would be doggone near impossible for us to conceive another baby with treatment, let alone on our own, that I'm expecting a new little miracle baby.
2. Continuing to watch Nathan grow has been an amazing experience. He is, and always has been, such a kind and sweet little boy. But this year his learning has really taken off big time. He's reading like crazy and is so so good at math. His teachers have nothing but praise for his behavior and his attitude.
3. The Viking and I continue to draw ever closer, ever inward to our marriage and our family. Even with the career ups and downs, I'm proud to say that Viking Mike has always put our family first and takes his role as protector and provider extremely seriously. This just furthers my love for him and leaves me in awe of his dedication to this family.
4. I spent some time working outside the home (which, by the way, sucked) and learned just how thoroughly I enjoy being a housewife and it will forever be cemented in my mind that this is my calling, my joy and my purpose in life.
5. I've continued to grow closer to God and have enjoyed watching Nathan's relationship with our Lord flourish.
6. I've picked up classes to continue my education, in hopes of never having to work outside the home again. I've always loved being a student, and this time is no different.

I hope 2010 had more ups than downs for you. I pray 2011 is even better than you could ever hope for. Please be safe out there tonight. We're tucked in for the night, after having done lunch at Carrabba's mid afternoon. We're planning to party real hard here on Ho-Hum Drive. Our plans for the rest of the evening include Sons of Anarchy, Lemon Lift tea and some crochet. Rock star lifestyle and all.

Still workin' our way through the land of milk and honey.
At the end of the day there's always more bills than money.
I close my eyes at night and I still feel
The same fire in my heart I felt out in that field.

I'm proud of the house we built.
It's stronger than sticks, stones, and steel.
It's not a big place sittin' up high on some hill.
A lot of things will come and go but love never will.
Oh, I'm proud.
I'm proud of the house we built.

-"Proud of the house we've built" -- Brooks and Dunn

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments! Please keep in mind, I demand you be polite to both me and my readers. No insults, swearing or not-nice-ness! :)

Also, I no longer allow anonymous comments.