Thursday, December 2, 2010

Stand still and consider the wondrous works of God.

Well, it's been a long few weeks but I wanted to tell y'all a story.

Last week I went to the ER (again) throwing up (again) and dehydrated (again). The doctor gave me something for the nausea and pain and started a bag of fluids. Eventually the ER doc comes back in and we have the following conversation:

Him - How's your nausea Mrs Holtry?
Me - It's not any better
Him - Yeah it's probably not going to get better for another 12 weeks.
Me - What?
Him - That's usually when morning sickness goes away!
Me - Are you telling me I'm pregnant?
Him - Yes!
Me - But that's impossible!

Of course it's not impossible, but it was pretty much the shock of a lifetime. I went in two days ago for an ultrasound to make sure baby's okay and to find out how far along I am. I'm 8 weeks pregnant and due July 12th. Baby's heartbeat is nice and strong and all systems are "go" for a nice healthy (other than all the puking) pregnancy.

So I've cancelled my notice at Wal-Mart and left already. I appear to have my worst morning sickness (ha) in the middle of the night so I'm not really getting a whole lot of sleep. And I'm not able to hold much down. I've been drinking lots of real ginger gingerale and lots of ginger tea and funny enough I can hold down chicken rice soup but not chicken noodle. And oranges, ohhhh lots and lots of oranges.

So that's why I haven't been here. I've been busy sleeping every spare second I can and puking every other second basically! And I don't care! After 4 years of infertility and Clomid and injectibles and IUI, I don't care if I throw up every day for the next 7 months!

Be truly glad. There is wonderful joy ahead!
--I Peter 1:6

1 comment:

I appreciate your comments! Please keep in mind, I demand you be polite to both me and my readers. No insults, swearing or not-nice-ness! :)

Also, I no longer allow anonymous comments.