Monday, December 6, 2010

It's beginning to cost look a lot like Christmas

When it rains it pours.

And I don't mean some normal, sweet smelling rain. I mean the kind of "rain" that sucks every single penny from your checking account, your savings account, your wallet, your pockets, your couch cushions and your kid's piggybank.

This year I was ahead of the game. Like really ahead of the game. With the exception of Nathan, I have everyone shopped for already. Unfortunately this meant that when my tire went flat, because of Satan, and I had to drop 300.00 on new tires, I had to scrimp and scratch and scramble every penny (or just about) from savings. Also, there's a small chance no one's gifts will get to their house since I have the presents but now have no money to ship anything! Ahhh what a pickle.

mmmmm pickles

Anyway, I am now experiencing some sort of pregnancy induced craziness stress that has me convinced I'll never be caught up on another bill and I may have to sell a kidney to buy groceries. In short, I'm panicking. For no good reason. Actually that's not true, I have a really good reason. See I didn't sleep well last night. And then, when I would normally be taking the first of my nine three daily naps, I was at the mechanic gettin fleeced for 300.00.

Once again we find ourselves enmeshed in the Holiday Season, that very special time of year when we join with our loved ones in sharing centuries-old traditions such as trying to find a parking space at the mall. We traditionally do this in my family by driving around the parking lot until we see a shopper emerge from the mall, then we follow her, in very much the same spirit as the Three Wise Men, who 2,000 years ago followed a star, week after week, until it led them to a parking space.
--Dave Barry

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments! Please keep in mind, I demand you be polite to both me and my readers. No insults, swearing or not-nice-ness! :)

Also, I no longer allow anonymous comments.