Friday, December 10, 2010

When your goodbye kiss feels like this

1. Today I went into Lincoln. I rawked the new Jason Aldean cd all the way there and back. I love it so much. My love for Jason Aldean is approaching Blake-Shelton-Status. Also, I think I'm becoming a fan of Kelly Clarkson because of her duet with Jason and the one she did with Reba.
2. I didn't throw up today.
3. I only took one nap today.
4. I cleaned my downstairs, ran errands, grocery shopped and completed more homework. I'm roughly 40% done with the course and my grade is a "94".
5. I am now settled into my bed with my 2 dogs, a glass of chocolate milk and an episode of Dateline that's set in NM. Every time NM is featured on a crime show, I giggle and thank God once again for getting me the heck out of that hell-hole.
6. Things the baby likes: grits, chocolate milk, garlic dill pickles and green olives. Things the baby does not like: meat.
7. I am so danged big already it's alarming. I realize this perfectly normal for pregnancies after your first. This doesn't change the fact that I'm ginormous and have no jeans that fit. I've moved into pajamas and sweats.
8. Not working outside the home fills my soul with bliss. I can actually invite my beloved friend and mother in law up for supper, I can do things like spend a day baking cookies (tomorrow!) and I don't have to plan my day around someone else's schedule. I realize I may be a sissy but it does my soul good to have time for my home/wife/mama duties. I know that I'll be busier once I'm working from home, but I'll still be on my *own* schedule with time to tend to the things that I think are most important!
9. Lots of people really struggling this time of year and I'd like to ask you, my beloved readers, to send up some prayers for them. Thanks darlings.

"Just the other night the baby was cryin’
So I got out of bed rocked her awhile
And I held her tight
And I told her it would be all right
And my mind went back to a few years ago
When we tried so long
We almost gave up hope
And I remember you
Comin' in and tellin’ me the news
Oh man we were livin’
Goin’ crazy in the kitchen
We danced and screamed and held each other tight
We laughed until we cried"

-Laughed Until We Cried --Jason Aldean

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments! Please keep in mind, I demand you be polite to both me and my readers. No insults, swearing or not-nice-ness! :)

Also, I no longer allow anonymous comments.