Saturday, March 26, 2011

Love hasn't ever felt better

Nathan was sick a couple of days last week with a pretty nasty cough. I kept him home 2 days in the middle of the week and when it seemed like he was doing better, I sent him back to school. Yesterday around 9 a.m. I got a call from the school saying he had complained that his heart was hurting in reading and the teacher took him into the nurse where they discovered he was running a fever of 103 (and I'd given him a cough/cold medication that morning that had Tylenol in it!). I rushed up to get him (thankful that I'm a stay at home mama who can do that) and then ran him up to the doc. He complained a lot of burning eyes and sore muscles and just general yuck-ed-ness. The dr diagnosed him with Bronchitis and prescribed some super fun powerful medications. It's a bummer, but he is really at his funniest when he's loaded medicated on motrin and cough syrup. So today we had him help us with some very basic stuff as we worked on moving our bed (temporarily) closer to the bathroom. That brings you this edition of Overheard on Ho-Hum Drive:

Nathan (plopping down tired in a chair after helping us pick up his toys): "Phew Mama, this is the life!" (glad to know you like chores Bubba, will remember that the next time you complain).

Nathan (looking around our 108 year old house): "Our house is pretty rustic. It's kind of cricket (I can only assume he meant crickety) and falling apart."


I have no idea where he gets word like "rustic" and "absurd" but I'm thankful for his funny observations! Tonight we have planned a pajama party where we'll play games and watch movies and eat popcorn. He's deeply disappointed we had to miss dinner with the Trailerhood because of his sickness. He's on the mend now, but still not 100%. He's been napping and coughing and his fever continues to creep up. I've been giving him motrin and cough syrup and schmearing Vicks on his chest. And of course, snuggling him every spare second of every day. He hates the Vicks and insists it's "so so so so stinky". But my Nany always used it when I was sick and I think it helps, so I told him to "cowboy up". He finally admitted it makes it easier for him to breathe.

"I brought children into this dark world because it needed the light that only a child can bring."
-Liz Armbruster

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments! Please keep in mind, I demand you be polite to both me and my readers. No insults, swearing or not-nice-ness! :)

Also, I no longer allow anonymous comments.