Monday, March 28, 2011

There's things that matter and things that don't

Pregnancy, as we all know, is a tangle of crazy emotions, hormones and downright insanity. So, today I bring you 10 Songs I Can't Listen To Without Crying Hysterically!

1. "Raymond"
Killer line - "There's a small white cross in Arlington, reads "Raymond Davis '71"..Until she can see his face again, I'm gonna fill in the best I can"

2. "This ain't nothin"
Killer line - "And last year I watched my lovin wife of 50 years waste away and die and I held her hand till her heart of gold stopped pumpin"

3. "Tough"
Killer line - "She wore that wig to church, pink ribbon pin there on her shirt. No room for fear, full of faith, hands held high singin Amazing Grace"

4. "If you're reading this"
Killer line - "I won't be there to see the birth of our little girl. I hope she looks like you. I hope she fights like me, stands up for the innocent and the weak"

5. "A little bit stronger"
Killer line - "It doesn't happen overnight, but you turn around and a month's gonna by and you realized you haven't cried. Not giving you an hour or a second or another minute longer. I'm busy gettin stronger" (P.S. Does anyone else hope when they get to Heaven the angels sound just like Sara Evans?)

6. "Wish you were here"
Killer line - "She got a call that night but it wasn't from him. It didn't sink in right away. "Ma'am the plane went down, our crews have searched the ground, no survivors found" she heard him say. But somehow she got a postcard in the mail"

7. "Three wooden crosses
Killer line - "That's the story that our preacher told last Sunday, as he held that blood stained bible up for all of us to see. He said "bless the farmer and the teacher and the preacher, who gave this bible to my Mama who read it to me"

8. "If Heaven wasn't so far way"
Killer line - "I'd find my long lost cousin John, the one we left back in Vietnam, show him a picture of his daughter now. She's a doctor and he'd be proud. Then tell him we'd be back in a couple of days. In the rear-view mirror we'd all watch them wave. Yeah and losin them wouldn't be so hard to take, if Heaven wasn't so far away"

9. "Why does somebody always have to die" -- No video for this one :(
Killer line - "Well he tried to tell them about the life eternal but they just wouldn't believe. And he said, "Father won't you please forgive them" as they nailed Him to the tree"

10. "Everything that glitters is not gold"
Killer line - "Little Casey, she's still growin and she's started asking questions. And there's certain things a man just doesn't know. Her birthday came and you never even called. I guess we never even cross your mind"

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments! Please keep in mind, I demand you be polite to both me and my readers. No insults, swearing or not-nice-ness! :)

Also, I no longer allow anonymous comments.