Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Love and pregnancy and riding on a camel

I just have to be honest: There are so many things about pregnancy I just don't get. For instance, pregnancy insomnia. Whose bright idea was this lovely little side effect? I mean, isn't this when I need my sleep the most? But at least 3 days a week now, for the last several weeks, I've slept great from 10:00 p.m. to 2:00 a.m. .... And that's it. What's really awesome is that I'm still experiencing every day, all the time, nonstop morning sickness and the nausea is really exacerbated by the constant fatigue. Not to even mention the migraines, body aches and grumpy-pants. I feel like I can't get anything done during the day because I'm so tired and trying to catch up on my sleep. And there's probably some school of thought that says something like: Oh if you're up all night you should try to avoid napping and stay up all day so you'll sleep great at night. There's just one little problem with that....it doesn't work. Then I'm tired and I can't sleep and now it's 3:00 a.m. and I haven't slept more than 3 hours in the last day or so and oooh boy does that make this Mama mad.

So I guess what I'm saying is this: I'm tired. As in, really really really tired. If you've tried to have an intelligent conversation with me in the last few weeks, I apologize. If you currently need me for some project, advice or other nonsense, I'm even more sorry. And if you're the baby currently living in my stomach, I just want to tell you this: Mama loves you, but you are so grounded when you come outta there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments! Please keep in mind, I demand you be polite to both me and my readers. No insults, swearing or not-nice-ness! :)

Also, I no longer allow anonymous comments.