Thursday, June 23, 2011

The most common craving of a pregnant woman is not to be pregnant

Let's catch up a bit, shall we?

1. I'm about to burst. Technically I'll have my c-section on July 5th...if the little turkey will wait that long. There have been multiple episodes of "practice" contractions (which, fyi, are painful and do occasionally come regularly...mostly in the middle of the night) and a nesting instinct that's taken over with a vengeance. I suspect I may be having this kid a bit earlier than planned. We'll see. Whatever the case, I hope I get some sleep before the baby comes. I am deep in The Blur.

2. I've been on "leave" from watching Reece for a week or so now. We miss him, for sure, but it's been so quiet and sweet having one-on-one time with Stomp. He's very protective of Mama right now and keeps insisting I rest. He's ever so ready for his baby brother to come and on Father's Day insisted we put together the crib. Unfortunately the crib arrived here damaged and the boys weren't able to do that. So they went to the basement and brought up loads of stuff that we can use (including our bassinet and oodles of clothes, etc).

3. If I could ever follow through on anything (see above about The Blur and the Insane Nesting), I could maybe get the hospital bag packed and we'd about be all ready to have this kid. This doesn't, fyi, stop me from waking up in the middle of the night in a tizzy about all the stuff I just "have" to get done before he comes. I of course never have the energy to get any of this done. Plus, my bp's been a little high and I've been having those ridiculous "practice" contractions, so the doc wants me "resting". Right...resting. Which is sooooo easy these days .

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments! Please keep in mind, I demand you be polite to both me and my readers. No insults, swearing or not-nice-ness! :)

Also, I no longer allow anonymous comments.