Friday, July 8, 2011

Babies, what a wonderful way to start people!

On Friday night at 2:00 am, I began having actual real contractions. We went to the hospital where they found that while I hadn't dilated, I was having serious enough contractions to try to stop them. Although, to be honest, I think they only tried to stop them so they wouldn't be assembling a crack-surgery team at 3 a.m. So anywho, they gave me some meds and I contracted until around 7 a.m. (whilst The Viking had the nerve to sleep!) when the nurse came in and said oh hey, sorry to rush you but we're going to have this baby in an hour. They began a whirlwind of equipment and needles and forms and signatures. So they got it set up and right at 8:00 a.m. they wheeled me in. After a near-disaster with the anesthesiologist (he hit the nerves in my right leg three.separate.times and some minor blood loss, Joshua Mark was born at 8:37 a.m. He weighed 8 lbs and was 21 1/4 inches long. He came out screaming right off the bat!

Mama and baby are doing well now. We are home from the hospital and so ready to sleep in our own bed. There are lots of details, pictures and funny stories to share with y'all but for right now I just want to lay down in my own bed and sleep for the two hours Joshie allows!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments! Please keep in mind, I demand you be polite to both me and my readers. No insults, swearing or not-nice-ness! :)

Also, I no longer allow anonymous comments.