Friday, January 25, 2013

"Honest victories over desperation" - Thomas Merton

Here's the problem really with reading and writing. The two, for me, are very inter-connected. I want to write more when I'm reading but I find my free time (did any other moms laugh until they cried when they read that phrase?) spent devouring new works, new authors, words, turns of phrase, new spins on old ideas. I'm currently giving Tolstoy another go, thoroughly enjoying Thomas Merton and re-reading some old Leonard Cohen (because you can never go wrong with Leonard Cohen). What are you reading? Besides me. Because I'm not on par with those guys. Except maybe Tolstoy***. He's kind of...dry. And say what you will about me, at least I'm not dry.

***NOTE*** Why yes I did just say I was better than Tolstoy. It's my "Beatles are bigger than Jesus are moment". The press (heh heh)is going to have my head on a platter.

1 comment:

I appreciate your comments! Please keep in mind, I demand you be polite to both me and my readers. No insults, swearing or not-nice-ness! :)

Also, I no longer allow anonymous comments.