Tuesday, August 25, 2009

The long awaited (or not) pork chop recipe.

This is by far my favorite way to make pork chops. While they're good broiled, grilled AND fried, this is the recipe we use the most. You want to start with good thick cut chops. Brown them in a skillet until both sides are a goldeny brown. Then in your big glass casserole dish (I assume everyone has one of those), greased, lay the chops. In a separate bowl mix 2 cans of golden mushroom soup, 1 can of milk and 1 can of water. Whisk until well mixed. Pour over chops. Bake, covered with foil, in a pre-heated 350 degree oven for about 45 minutes.

This dish serves up GREAT with rice and noodles. I usually spoon some of the good sauce leftover in the pork chop dish on top of both of those sides. Of course you can tweak this and add garlic, chile, or whatever other seasonings you may like. I like the flavor fine without any extras, myself. It reheats great because the sauce keeps the chops from drying out in the microwave. ENJOY!

Never eat more than you can lift.
- Miss Piggy

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments! Please keep in mind, I demand you be polite to both me and my readers. No insults, swearing or not-nice-ness! :)

Also, I no longer allow anonymous comments.