Monday, August 24, 2009

March of the Preg-uins

I went to see my fertility doctor today. There were 10 women in the waiting room and 9 of them were pregnant. And I mean *big* pregnant. I, of course, was the one woman who wasn't. Still it was looking up as far as visits-to-the-fertility-doc go. My ovaries have finally returned to normal after having been overstimulated, or "enraged" as Doc Gibbens like to say. So they ran blood to check my Estradiol and we frantically tried to make arrangements for hubby to come in and learn how to give me injections. Well, all much ado about nothing, because my Estradiol number is still way too high. You see, the problem really is that my body responded *too* well to the Clomid treatments. The reason I'm not pregnant then if I'm body responds well to treatment? Well Clomid has some side effects that hinder pregnancy, which is just unbelievable to me. So anyhow, nothing this month, of course. Another round of birth control pills to try to get my hormone levels back to normal and to keep resting my ovaries.

I'm very tired of the wait and see and the limbo of not knowing. I'm desperately seeking serenity at this point. I'll just keep praying.

"I've been given so much,
A husband that I love.
So why do I feel incomplete?
With every test and checkup
We're told not to give up.
He wonders if it's him.
And I wonder if it's me."


- From the song "I would die for that" by Kellie Coffey

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments! Please keep in mind, I demand you be polite to both me and my readers. No insults, swearing or not-nice-ness! :)

Also, I no longer allow anonymous comments.