Saturday, August 22, 2009

A word on the name...

When I was growing up, my family took yearly vacations to Vallecito Lake, Colorado. There was this little tiny road off the main highway called "Ho-Hum Drive". For some reason that always tickled me. I've always wanted a very ho-hum life. To me ho-hum does not mean boring or ordinary. It just means beautiful in all its simplicity. Finding pleasure in life's every day little things is what gives me joy.

The best things in life are nearest: Breath in your nostrils, light in your eyes, flowers at your feet, duties at your hand, the path of right just before you. Then do not grasp at the stars, but do life's plain, common work as it comes, certain that daily duties and daily bread are the sweetest things in life.
~Robert Louis Stevenson

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments! Please keep in mind, I demand you be polite to both me and my readers. No insults, swearing or not-nice-ness! :)

Also, I no longer allow anonymous comments.