Monday, March 29, 2010

Excellence is to do a common thing in an uncommon way

It's been a remarkably quiet day here on Ho-Hum Drive. I've done 3 loads of laundry, emptied the dishwasher, picked up the living room and stripped the beds. Nathan forgot his lunch this morning so I ran that up to him, as well. Another reminder of how much different things are when your Mama is at home. When I forgot my lunch, I didn't eat. Anyway, I'm finishing up some more laundry while I watch The Hand That Rocks The Cradle on Netflix (the instant viewing is *awesome* through the XBOX and the nice tv!). I'll pop over to the laundromat to wash our comforters and take Nathan to the library after school. Then I'll start some chicken (I'm looking for a new recipe) and some rice and broccoli for supper. Hoping to get a nice long walk in after supper as well. This is the perfect time to go down by the creek because the skeeters ain't out yet.

I'm just enjoying the fresh air. My curtains flap so pretty in the breeze and I am so in love with my door being open in the kitchen. It was 5 years and just a few days ago that we moved into this home after living with my mother-in-law for a year. I slipped *right* away into the swing of running a household. I remember how happy I was to have all the windows open and smell fresh air and to be able to take Nathan outside to play all day long in the grass and yard. Every spring I think about those days and how awesome it was to have my baby in my own household and to be getting things set up and taken care of, etc. I love spring especially for that reason.

I've also managed to stay on my eating *and* exercise program, WOOHOO!!! I'm not really "dieting" but I'm working really hard on 4 things: water, exercise, portion control and remembering to eat (I have a tendency to forget to eat all day long and then just eat at dinner, SO BAD FOR YOU!). I saw Dr Oz giving out tips and the two I'm implementing now are 1)to drink a glass of water before every meal and a glass after the meal and 2) arrange your food on your plate so there's an inch left around the rim of the plate and your food isn't piled up more than 1/2" high.

I hope everyone else is having a blessed Monday instead of a Manic Monday!

And Spring arose on the garden fair,
Like the Spirit of Love felt everywhere;
And each flower and herb on Earth's dark breast
rose from the dreams of its wintry rest.

-- Percy Bysshe Shelley

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments! Please keep in mind, I demand you be polite to both me and my readers. No insults, swearing or not-nice-ness! :)

Also, I no longer allow anonymous comments.