Saturday, March 27, 2010

Home interprets heaven. Home is heaven for beginners.

I really love this ole house we live in. My hubby hates it, I mean viscerally, deep down in his bones hates it. He hates that it's creaky and not level and old. I love that it's creaky and not level and old. We looked at 5 or 6 houses before we picked this one at. I was in love with the old farmhouse style of the home, the corner lot and the ginormous yard. In the five years that we've been here, we've really taken this house and made it our own. The bathroom and office are a gorgeous blue-gray that we love. Our bedroom is a gorgeous tan color. We've fenced the yard, dug out a vegetable garden, added a door and put in flower beds instead of hedges. Pictures line the walls of our curved stairwell and my kitchen has cows at every turn. There are a few more rooms that need a good coat of paint and a few other things I'd like to do, but I'm really happy with this house. It's hard to imagine ever living anywhere else, although we'd love to get out on an acreage someday. Hubby would like to have a new house. I told him we'd have a new house if we could build one that looked like an old house!

So today, dear readers, I'd love to know what you love about your house. Do you prefer old or new homes?

"Home, the spot of earth supremely blest, A dearer, sweeter spot than all the rest."
--Robert Montgomery

1 comment:

I appreciate your comments! Please keep in mind, I demand you be polite to both me and my readers. No insults, swearing or not-nice-ness! :)

Also, I no longer allow anonymous comments.