Monday, March 15, 2010

What a happy and holy fashion it is that those who love one another should rest on the same pillow.

31 years ago today, my husband was born via C-Section in San Diego, CA. I cannot think of one single event in history that has had as much impact on my life as the day my husband was born. I suppose the day we met or the day we married, but all the things that are important in my life revolve around Michael. I'm the mom to Nathan because of Michael. I'm a stay at home mom because of Michael. My identity is wrapped all around being a mother and a wife. It's who I am, way down in my heart and I'm not sure that I would be the *kind* of wife and mother I am, if it weren't for the encouragement, love, appreciation and downright worship of my husband. Sure I could have married other men and still been a wife and mother but I'm grateful every day for the very details of the way we live our life.

I'm grateful for a husband who's appreciative, kind, smart, polite, funny, creative, handy, generous, loving, affectionate, and oh so handsome. I love the way he laughs, the way he grins when he's being mischevious, the way he wraps his arms around me and hugs me, the way he loves Nathan and the way he plays with our dog. He's the smartest person I know and I always know that if I ask him how something works, he'll know. If he doesn't know, he'll figure it out and he'll explain it to me without making me feel like an idiot. Dr Phil always says that you can measure the success of a man by how happy his family is. If you believe that (which I do), then Michael is the most successful man on the planet. He works *hard* to provide for this family and to keep it so I can always be at home raising our boy and doing the things I love. He's a provider, a protector and the love of my life. He's my best friend and my favorite person in the world to spend time with.

Thank you, God, for bringing this man into the world and into my life. I'm truly blessed through Michael.

If two stand shoulder to shoulder against the gods,
Happy together, the gods themselves are helpless
Against them while they stand so.

--Maxwell Anderson


P.S. That is definitely one of my favorite quotes about marriage ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments! Please keep in mind, I demand you be polite to both me and my readers. No insults, swearing or not-nice-ness! :)

Also, I no longer allow anonymous comments.