Friday, April 2, 2010

Have you seen my shoes? I kicked them off in a fit of joy

It has been a very very long winter here in The Cornhusker State. We got so much snow I didn't think it would ever melt. My poor, adorable feet were trapped in socks and shoes and longed, deep down in their foot-ey soul, to be bare. The temperatures are starting to warm up now and I, and my feet, couldn't be more thrilled. Now after our long winter of being trapped, it's definitely time for a pedicure if I can find the time. If not, I'll be giving some serious love to my toesers here at home. The windows and doors have been thrown open in a fit of extraordinary joy and the fresh, if overly pollen-ey, air feels fantastic in my hair and on my skin. I believe today would be a great day for a long walk to the library, something we enjoy whenever the weather's this perfect combination of warm and cool (Yes, we are the Goldilocks of perfect walking temperatures). Should be another 8 weeks or so and it'll be hot enough to go to the lake, another thing that my precious toesers enjoy. The one thing I don't enjoy is alllllll this sneezing and sniffling. My nose can't get in the right frame of mind like my toes do! Weather is to be enjoyed, not suffered through (ya hear me, NOSE?).

Hmm, it's entirely possible I've lost my danged mind.

Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair.
--Kahlil Gibran

1 comment:

I appreciate your comments! Please keep in mind, I demand you be polite to both me and my readers. No insults, swearing or not-nice-ness! :)

Also, I no longer allow anonymous comments.