Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Mad Cow Disease Was Already Taken...

Hmm, I see a situation developing. Yesterday I arrived at Nathan's school early so I could watch him play with his friends, it's one of the best parts of my entire day. While I was watching, a little girl fell from the monkey bars. I stifled all my motherly instincts and decided to let the teachers do their job. Immediately the 3 or 4 boys she was playing with dropped to the ground and ran over to help her. One little boy patted her knee while another wiped her tears. They helped her up and walked her to the teacher and pointed out all her owies. I started crying...hard.

Last night Nathan's first tooth came out. I promised him ice cream if he'd let his daddy pull it out, as the other tooth was already pushing through. As he got his tooth ready for the Tooth Fairy and the whole family enjoyed some ice cream I started crying...again.

This morning I woke up with a visit from my monthly(ish) friend. I took the kidlet off to school and came back home for a nap. I had a dream that I ran out of M&M's and I woke up crying...in my sleep...about chocolate..

Clearly I'm going off the deep end. Tonight I'll make some chicken and dumplings for supper, because she with the worst hormonal mood swings makes the rules, and eat M&M's...hopefully, without crying.

The 10 Definitive Signs of PMS are:

Everyone around you has an attitude problem.
You're adding chocolate chips to your cheese omelet.
The dryer has shrunk every last pair of your jeans.
Your husband is suddenly agreeing to everything you say.
You're using your cellular phone to dial up every bumper sticker that says, 'How's my driving? Call 1 800 ****"**.'
Everyone's head looks like an invitation to batting practice.
You're convinced there's a God and he's male.
You're counting down the days until menopause.
You're sure that everyone is scheming to drive you crazy.
The ibuprofen bottle is empty and you bought it yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments! Please keep in mind, I demand you be polite to both me and my readers. No insults, swearing or not-nice-ness! :)

Also, I no longer allow anonymous comments.