Thursday, April 15, 2010

Presenting Viking Mike

I've been thinking for a long time that I need a blog nickname for my sweet husband. I've been through lots of really funny but not entirely nice ideas (ie. Dorky McNerderson) and some truly cheesy nicknames (ie. Cutie McWubs). Last night as hubby and I watched Mystery Science Theater 3000, it hit me...the perfect nickname.

Just about 9 years ago, we travelled to New Jersey and Boston with my mom. We visited my mom's hometown (which, funny enough, read like a drug tour..."I smoked pot under that bridge", "I smoked pot by those trees"...). We stayed with a dear family friend, Aunt Marty, and we slept down in her basement. As is typically the case, I was sleepy long before hubby was. I laid down and went to sleep while he stayed up reading Aunt Marty's National Geographic collection. A few hours into my beauty rest, I get shaken awake. This is what I remember of the conversation:

Mike - "Babe...Babe, wake up, wake up!"
Me - "Erumphvermermph?"
Mike - "I think I'm a viking"
Me - "What time is it?"
Mike - "oh 1:00 a.m. or so, but hey I think I'm a viking"
Me - "uhm.......what?"
Mike - "I was looking through the National Geographics and they had some pictures of vikings and I realize that I look like a viking, I think I must be related to the vikings"
Me - (at this point sitting up, and *not* happy) "You woke me up at 1:00 a.m. to tell me you think you're a viking"
Mike - (Suddenly realizing his mistake) "ohhhh uhhhh yeah..go back to sleep"

So with that in mind, I think the perfect blog nickname for my hubby is Viking Mike. On many many occasions, I use the viking example as a prime example of how silly, goofy, and well doggone adorable my husband is. Viking Mike it is!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments! Please keep in mind, I demand you be polite to both me and my readers. No insults, swearing or not-nice-ness! :)

Also, I no longer allow anonymous comments.