Tuesday, May 25, 2010

I'd rather have it and not need it than need it and not have it

Nikki's husband was shot and killed in front of her at a restaurant in TN. Because she's a law abiding citizen, Nikki's gun (for which she had a Concealed Carry Permit) was locked up in her car. She was unable to protect her beloved husband and is rarin' up a fight to get the TN law changed so that properly Permit-ted gun-owners can carry their pieces into a restaurant. The Senate and the House voted to pass the bill which was then vetoed by the Governor. You can have a read about her points and her point of view over at Guns and Patriots. She has some very interesting things to say.

This story troubles me a lot because it's exactly the kind of story that makes me support a concealed carry law. Here a woman is obeying the law and a man who isn't (carrying HIS gun whether permitted or not into a restaurant) kills her husband. If she'd been allowed to carry her gun in, she would have stood a chance to protect her family.

Please have a read over at G & P.

"Gun control means being able to hit your target. If I have a 'hot button' issue, this is definitely it. Don't even think about taking my guns. My rights are not negotiable, and I am totally unwilling to compromise when it comes to the Second Amendment."
--Michael Badnarik

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments! Please keep in mind, I demand you be polite to both me and my readers. No insults, swearing or not-nice-ness! :)

Also, I no longer allow anonymous comments.