Thursday, May 20, 2010

Some babies die by chance, no babies should die by choice

Heads up, we're talkin abortion this morning

I've talked at length about my views on abortion here at Ho Hum Drive, because it's important to me. What I don't think I've ever talked about is how I feel it relates to my life as a woman and a Mama. You see, before I got pregnant I was a "pro choice Republican". Once I got pregnant and realized I had this little life, this human, this child growing inside of me, I became a downright vicious Pro-Lifer. I don't think it's any secret how protective I am of Nathan. It's the Mama Bear in us all to look after our little ones. For me, this translated itself into an urge to try to protect as many children as humanly possible. Upon losing our second baby late in the first trimester, it became an even stronger calling. That is why I attend life-chain events and that is why I participate in 40 Days For Life events. I do not "hate" women and I am not "anti-choice". I believe you have the right to choose a lot of things in life, but I do not believe murder is one of them. You no more have the right to choose to abort your baby than you do to kill your neighbor's pesky 3 year old. Abortion is my number one issue. I absolutely will not ever vote for someone who is not pro-life. I believe abortion is a scourge on this country and a scary sign of the times that people can choose murder when their life is inconvenienced. It disgusts me how much money is spent on a woman's "right to choose" and how much legislation is put through supporting that effort. If legislators spent half as much time and money on streamlining adoption instead of protecting abortion, I believe we could save a lot of babies and help a lot of families who desperately want those babies someone was ready to kill.

"Becoming a mother makes you the mother of all children. From now on each wounded,abandoned, frightened child is yours. You live in the suffering mothers of every race and creed and weep with them. You long to comfort all who are desolate."
--Charlotte Gray

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments! Please keep in mind, I demand you be polite to both me and my readers. No insults, swearing or not-nice-ness! :)

Also, I no longer allow anonymous comments.