Monday, May 2, 2011

"You can be sure that the American spirit will prevail over this tragedy."

There are days in every generation that will be remembered forever. Older generations will always remember where they were when JFK was shot or when MLK was killed. My generation, as well as many others, will never ever forget where we were when those towers fell. I will never forget, either, where I was when I heard Saddam Hussein had been captured by American forces. And now I can add to that list, always remembering what I was doing when Osama Bin Laden was confirmed dead.

Over the weekend, American forces acquired intel that Osama Bin Laden was hiding out in Pakistan. They sent in a CIA team and a SEAL team and took him out. It's being reported that intel was acquired through tips from Gitmo. God bless our troops who keep us safe and who are able to carry out a mission like this. Also, God bless the victims from 9/11. We know that we can never ease your pain, but hopefully this monster's death provides some small measure of comfort.

I explained, a bit, to Stomp about what was going on. I kept it in simple, 7-year-old terms and we said an extra prayer for our troops and our leaders. He doesn't understand really, of course (for instance, he asked if Bin Laden would come back as a zombie and "is he as big as Devastator?"), but I felt it was important to share this day with him.

I've kept politics off this blog, largely, and I'm not going to get into it now. It doesn't matter who did what or who believes what. It just matters that a great threat to the American and Christian way of life has been eliminated. GOD BLESS THE U.S.A.

War has been waged against us by stealth and deceit and murder. This nation is peaceful, but fierce when stirred to anger. This conflict was begun on the timing and terms of others. It will end in a way, and at an hour, of our choosing.
-George W. Bush

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments! Please keep in mind, I demand you be polite to both me and my readers. No insults, swearing or not-nice-ness! :)

Also, I no longer allow anonymous comments.