Sunday, June 10, 2012

Don't believe everything you think

Last night, the Twinsie and I (and her spouse and her mama and her sister and the backup kid) went to Celebrate Lincoln. It was $7 to get in which puts it firmly in my price range. For your $7 you got to see a little cutiepie named Randy Houser and a starting-to-be-super-famous cutiepie named Lee Brice featured repeatedly here on Ho-Hum Drive**. The music was great and the company couldn't be beat, of course. The atmosphere wasn't even too bad. It was a bit warm, but nice to be out in the shade with the breeze working across your neck. But after a few hours, a couple of things became very, very, very clear.

1. I am way too old for concerts where there's not a place to sit and there are lots of people pushing and shoving.
2. Kids these days have no manners (someone bring me my cane, would ya?).
3. There is not enough beer in the world (particularly when you're the designated driver) to make putting up with today youth bearable. I'm clearly crossing into some crotchety old woman phase at the ripe old age of 31 29 again. I hope this gives me license to yell at people and threaten to shoot them if they don't get off my lawn. Wait, do old ladies do that crap too or is that just old men? Either way, I'm doin it. Amen. The End. 10-4 Good Buddy.

**I'm not going to say that I'm say, RESPONSIBLE, for Lee Brice's rise to fame, but I do have it on good authority that good things happen to people who are featured on the blog of a pretty redheaded Nebraska housewife...

1 comment:

I appreciate your comments! Please keep in mind, I demand you be polite to both me and my readers. No insults, swearing or not-nice-ness! :)

Also, I no longer allow anonymous comments.