Monday, July 2, 2012

Sons are the anchors of a mother's life

One year ago, yesterday, my parents came into town for a little visit. The Viking was off of work. We had friends over for fireworks and sandwiches. We had a lot of good laughs and a really great time. Not long after everyone left, I went into labor. I spent the night in the ER laboring, quietly, until morning when the doctor got a team together to do my c-section. Around 8:30 a.m., one year ago, Joshua Mark came into this world, blessing my sweet little family with one more rowdy, blue-eyed boy.

One year later, he is an amazing blessing. He laughs at everything, smiles at everyone and brightens everyone's day. He hollers "Bubba!" at his brother and "Mama!" at me. He eats every meal like it's the last he'll ever have. EmmyLou is his best doggie friend and he loves Mickey Mouse. He walks wobbily, shakily and clumsily all over the house. He delights everyone he comes into contact with, with his laid back and happy personality and his amazing blue eyes.

Happy Birthday Chunk. Mama and Bubba love you.

1 comment:

I appreciate your comments! Please keep in mind, I demand you be polite to both me and my readers. No insults, swearing or not-nice-ness! :)

Also, I no longer allow anonymous comments.