Thursday, November 29, 2012

A friend is a second self

Today is the birthday of one of my favorite little boys on the planet. A few years ago I met J&J and began babysitting Reece after school and during the summer days. Polite and funny and totally weird he was a perfect fit for our family. As they lived right behind us, him and Stomp grew exceptionally close and spent many a summer night running back and forth between the two houses, playing war, playing video games, etc. When they told us we'd never have more kids because doctors don't know diddly I was crushed at the prospect of Nathan being an only child. I knew just how miserable an only child's existence can be. But Reece was right there, every step of the way, becoming Nathan's true brother. When we turned up pregnant with Joshua, Reece was excited at the prospect of not just one but two younger brothers. We've moved now and it's not as simple as running across the alley to see each other, but Nathan and Reece are still as close as brothers can be. Reece protects and shields both Nathan and Joshua, protecting them from the unkindness and meanness in others. So on today's Thankful Thursday, I'm thankful for Reece and the day he was born and his wonderful parents who raised him to be such an amazing kid. Love you Reece!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments! Please keep in mind, I demand you be polite to both me and my readers. No insults, swearing or not-nice-ness! :)

Also, I no longer allow anonymous comments.