Thursday, February 13, 2014

You're "giraffe"ing me crazy

My Stomp is struggling right now. A lot. I wrote him a lengthy valentine. But I'm putting it here on the blog, on the internet, where nothing dies, so when he inevitably loses the card (as boys are wont to do), he'll be able to read these words.

To my first born on a day that is all about love:

There are so many things I love about you. I love that God gave you to me to be a first-time mom with. You were forgiving with my mistakes as I made them (and as I continue to make them). God gave me a boy full of kindness, affection, love, sympathy and understanding. If it weren't for you, I wouldn't know how to bring up Joshie. After all, what did I know about boys before you? That reminds me. Joshie is the luckiest little boy alive to have you. I love the way you rough-house with him, encouraging his boy-ness. But that you also snuggle him and participate in family night-night time, which is probably not how you want to spend 20 minutes every night. But you do it so Joshie will feel loved and safe as he goes off to sleep. It's in these moments that I see the kind of man and dad you will be and I couldn't possibly be prouder. I love you Nathan Michael. You are, and will always be, my greatest joy.

Love,

Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments! Please keep in mind, I demand you be polite to both me and my readers. No insults, swearing or not-nice-ness! :)

Also, I no longer allow anonymous comments.